NYE Bar Cart

As mentioned here, my two dear friends Paige and Amanda gifted the Mr. and I with a new bar cart to celebrate our nuptials! It couldn't have been a more perfect gift--I had been eyeing it for several weeks and the wood and gold perfectly complement each other, which is the ideal mix of our two styles together!

So over the past few days I have become a self-dubbed DIY queen and decorated the pretty baby for New Year's Eve! Despite the fact we'll be celebrating with friends at an Avett Brothers concert, I still love the festivity it brings to our dining room!

For styling the bar cart in a year-round fashion I found tons of inspiration on some of my favorite blogs and of course on Pinterest. See my favorites here: Devon Rachel Blog, The Glitter Guide (using the very same Target bar cart!), Style Me Pretty Living 1 and 2, and the hostess of all hostesses Roxy of Society Social.

I started off by moving my favorites from our previous bar area to the cart. Then I added a few Christmas gift goodies and Trader Joe's bar must-haves like Pellegrino and fresh juices. After that, I felt like I had a pretty amazing looking bar cart, but I wanted to add some fun NYE pizazz with printables and DIY projects.

For New Year's Eve specific decor, I was truly inspired by The Great Gatsby (I mean who isn't inspired by F. Scott Fitzgerald's epic tale?!) and a styled post by The Sweetest Occasion!

I adore this simple sticker label for champz!
I loved this fun banner, but I knew I needed some more glam!
Making this gold polka dot garland was so easy and I can't wait to share the DIY with you very soon!
If you're on Pinterest at all you may have seen the gorg gold or brass urchin floating around in decor world. For being so showstopping it's incredibly affordable, but this DIY was of course a fraction of the price. Stay tuned for the DIY!
This fancy drink stirrers were so, so simple. The printable circles can be found on Haute Chocolate, but I'll be posting the gold pom pom DIY in the coming weeks! They're fun for year-round use!

Sources: Target Bar Cart, Fox Cocktail Shaker (fun option), Cheers Shot Glasses (confetti option), Gold Confetti Hiballs (cheers hiballs and tumblers), Nate Berkus Gold-dipped bowl (DIY idea), and Gold & Black Chevron Straws, Dollar Tree Gold-rimmed Hiballs, Jenny Bevlin Print c/o, Walmart Frame, Anthropologie Wishbone Bottle Opener c/o, Home Goods Gold Coasters, Art Deco Journals,  Gold Striped & Chevron Straws, Haute Papier Tipsy Coasters, TJ Maxx Glass Bottle, DIY tassel garland, glitter polka dot garland, drink stirrers, and gold sea urchin (posts coming soon!)

DIY and printable sources: Happy 2014 Banner, Silver Eyelash Yarn from Michaels, and Pop Fizz Clink champz printable. Other sources and DIY posts coming soon!

I originally thought about adding the tassel garland (also seen here) across the front, but there's only so much one bar cart can handle. It's on the verge of overkill as it is. Then I thought about slightly disassembling the garland and adding a few of the tassels to the sides. But I ended up hanging the tassel above for the time being. We hope to move things around a bit in the dining room and find a permanent location for this bar cart beauty, but for now she looks just fab where she is!

Hope all of you have a wonderful and sparkly time decorating for New Year's!

XOXO,
R

Comments