Officially a Mrs.!

It's official--I'm a Mrs.!
This past weekend my Mr. and I exchanged our vows and wedding bands in front of God, our Pastor Sonny, and Pastor Andrew and his wife Stephanie! Pastor Andrew and Stephanie did our pre-marital counseling over the past several months, and we are beyond thankful for their support and love.
It was a whirlwind of a morning with a surprise visit from my two dear friends Paige and Amanda, who came bearing gifts (more on that later!), and then me locking my car and house keys inside as I was on my way out headed to the church. It was clearly a miracle that I had already grabbed the marriage license and Ryan's wedding band and that Paige and Amanda could drop me off at the church!
Paige (my official outfit photographer for the blog!) snapped a few photos of me before we jumped in the car and raced to the church. This was just after realizing I locked my house and car keys inside AND got my heel stuck not once but twice (the second time in that driveway crack right behind me!), but I'm still all smiles!

Despite the fact that it was the first day of winter, the weather was beautiful and unseasonably warm, so we were able to have the ceremony just outside of our church building. (Thank goodness it was just chilly enough for me to wear that incredible vintage faux fur jacket that my mother gave me!) It was such a special and personal time, and we are so thankful for all the blessings that the Lord has continued to bestow on us in our relationship and now in our marriage.

While our immediate families and a few of our friends knew of our wedding plans, we hadn't told everyone beforehand, so we sent out a little impromptu video letting them know the news. And although we didn't technically "elope" (darn--I announced a few times that we were eloping and it was just so fun and dramatic to say!), we did want to keep this ceremony very private and intimate in order to keep the planned ceremony and reception in June 2014 still meaningful for our family and friends.

Here are just a few snapshots of our overnight getaway at a gorgeous (and green!) local spot, Proximity Hotel!
The sweetest surprise from Ryan was waiting for me at the hotel--and the best part was the note that read "Hello Mrs. Kearns!"
We were shuttled in style the next morning to a delicious breakfast at O.Henry Hotel
Despite the wet weather on Sunday, we had such a wonderful time exploring the lower level of O.Henry. This courtyard was too pretty not to step outside in the rain for a quick picture!

XOXO,
Mrs.
[Just kidding--I promise I'll only sign "Mrs." for the first week or so!]

Comments

  1. Congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy life together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I absolutely adore your wedding outfit. Congratulations!

    xo Megan, LushtoBlush.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment