My Wedding Planning Notebook

Wedding Planning Notebook on Darling Cashmere


Creating your own wedding planning notebook is a huge task despite all of the many DIY and wedding websites and resources there are out there. Although the Mr. offered to get me an Erin Condren planner as a birthday present, I decided that I really needed to just create my own and tailor it to my needs and to the details of our special day.

I started by doing what I always do when researching anything..opened up Google!
My first search brought up this amazingly helpful post by a darling girl named Katherine.

After spending an afternoon printing some resource documents and tables that I thought I would need I started organizing them, and then took the Mr. on a shopping trip to Staples.

I love the look of the Martha Stewart line, and chose a white textured binder for this project. Unfortunately, I was not able to find and purchase all of the cute tabs that Katherine had from her post, but I found some tabs and dividers that would do the trick.

Dividers:
1. Important
2. Budget
3. Ceremony
4. Reception
5. Guests
6. Attire
7. Photography
8. Miscellaneous

Within each divider section I used colorful card stock three-hole-punched with sticky tabs added to each to create my subsections.

Below are links to the worksheets I used.

1. Important
      -Timeline (I actually created my own based on these two: Real Simple Checklist and pages 1-5 from Wedding Templates)
      -Vendors
            -Vendor Contact List
            -Venue Research
            -Flower Worksheet (page 25 Wedding Templates)
            -Music Worksheet (page 32 Wedding Templates)
            -Rentals Worksheet (pages 37-39 Wedding Templates)
            -Wedding Stationery (pages 57 & 56 Wedding Templates)
            -Vendor Information (pages 47-51 Wedding Templates)
      -Wedding Party
            -Wedding Party Contact Sheet
            -Maid of Honor Checklist (I chose not to have a MOH, so this went to my two bridesmaids)
      -Day Of
            -Timeline and Outline (I created my own based on these two: Real Simple and Bridal Guide)
            -Day-of Checklist (page 18 Wedding Templates)
            -Emergency Kit Checklist (I created my own based on these two: page 21 Wedding Templates and Emergency Kit)
            -Wedding Day Checklist (all items and decor to be brought to the ceremony and reception--I found this Wedding Essentials list to be helpful)

2. Budget
      -Budget Worksheet (an additional option is found on pages 13-16 Wedding Templates)
      -Although I did not include this in my notebook, you may find this Splitting the Wedding Tab article helpful

3. Ceremony
      -What to Ask Your Wedding Officiant
      -Officiant Contact Information and notes
      -Ceremony text
      -Ceremony Worksheet (page 17 Wedding Templates)
      -Music selections
      -Seating set-up diagram (include reserved seating)
      -Decor details (include pictures and instructions)
      -Program (draft, order details, and actual copy)
      -Contracts

4. Reception
      -Timeline
      -50 Tips for the Perfect Reception
      -Toast information (who and when)
      -List of people to thank
      -Decor details (include pictures and instructions)
      -Music Play/Do Not Play List (page 31 Wedding Templates)
      -Music Worksheet (page 32 Wedding Templates)
      -Menu
      -Beverage List
      -Cake
      -Guest book/canvas information
      -Favor information
      -Send-off details
      -Contracts

5. Guests
      -Guest List (I created mine as an Excel document)
      -Guest List Tracker (multiple copies of page 28 Wedding Templates)
      -Guest hotel information
      -We are not offering welcome baskets for our out-of-town guests, but if you are, here are a couple great articles to help: Welcome Basket Ideas and Wedding Welcome Baskets

7. Photography
            -Contract
            -What to Ask Your Photographer
            -Must-take Wedding Photo Checklist
            -Any props (to be used for engagement session and wedding day)
            -List of everyone needed for photos (broken down into names and roles)

8. Miscellaneous
      -Registry
      -Rehearsal
      -Honeymoon

I have a feeling that along the way I will be updating my notebook and possibly doing a reorganization overhaul, but I will be sure to do a revised post in the coming months!

I hope that you find this useful, and you can relax for a week or two knowing you have got the first part down (other than the proposal, of course!). Let me know if I can be of any assistance--I would absolutely love to help!

Just some of my supplies. PS the green book is Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married, and was an engagement gift from a dear friend that I highly recommend!

XOXO,
R

Comments

  1. Wow--this is a great! (& will be super helpful one day)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Denver Wedding venues are the first preference of every couple because they are offering good services in affordable rates. Please suggest something if you have any idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wedding planning used to be a daunting task. But, nowadays there are a lot of tools to help brides with their wedding planning. Using a free event planning software is a good idea if you want a stress-free wedding. As an event professional, I recommend using an all-in-one event organizing software for your wedding planning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment