DIY: Pom Pom Drink Stirrers

These fancy DIY drink stirrers were my final touch to my NYE Bar Cart!
Follow the steps below for some extra cocktail sparkle!
I may have gotten a little inspiration from my Fourth of July post, but I added the printable stirrers for the NYE look. Printables via Haute Chocolate.

Materials needed:
-Bamboo skewers
-Hot glue gun
-Glue sticks
-Garland of your choice (I picked a pack of 50 feet at the Dollar Tree)
I thought about using lollipop sticks, but after the first couple stirrers using bamboo skewers I was sold on that look.
Step 1. Put a half-inch strip of hot glue on the spiked end of your bamboo skewer.
Step 2. Wrap the garland around going slightly up and down so that it ends up as a nice sphere shape. I used around 20 inches per stirrer.
Step 3. When you have it as full as you'd like, go ahead and snip the garland off and secure with a dab of hot glue
I have also seen adorned stirrers glued onto festive straws, but I thought the bamboo skewers were just as fun!

Happy DIY'ing!

XOXO,
R

Comments