Backyard Blooms

If you are the least bit familiar with Darling Cashmere or my Instagram then you know I am a complete sucker for fresh flowers. Trader Joe's and the local farmers markets are truly my best friends on the weekends. I'll take bunches of peonies, ranunculus, tulips, hydrangeas, or a bright mixed bouquet anytime.

For the 4th of July weekend, though, I decided to do a little backyard rummaging. The bright red crocosmia caught my eye immediately, and I knew it would make the perfect start to a red, white, and blue arrangement. I gathered several stems of that, then headed over the field by our house for some white queen anne's lace. Finding blue flowers proved a bit more difficult, but I knew I had several vintage blue mason jars stashed away that would complete the look.

It took several attempts to get the arrangement just right on all sides, but I was quite pleased with the turnout, and it was an easy decoration that smelled fantastic for the long, holiday weekend!

Tips on arranging garden blooms can be found on Style Within Reach's blog!

XOXO,
R

Comments