The Winston-Salem Flower School

A few weeks ago, I was able to attend the Winston-Salem Flower School! As soon as the announcement was made that these classes would be available, I just knew I had to be a part of it.

Amy Lynne Originals is an incredibly talented industry partner, and I simply could not wait to learn from one of the top professionals in my area. At WinMock, where I am Director of Weddings and Special Events, we go above and beyond by offering additional services to our clients, including, but of course not limited to, simple floral design for some of our smaller events. Since floral arranging for me typically means picking up pre-arranged bouquets at the local farmers market or grocery stores, I knew I had to enhance my skills (ahem..I mean start from scratch)!
After a little small talk over delicious pastries and creamy coffee, we jumped right in and found our spots in Amy's workshop!
The class focused on learning how to create an arrangement using compote vessels that were provided, along with other fun goodies like our own Winston-Salem Flower School apron and shears. Flowers, greenery, and even fruit options were nearly endless--silver dollar and seeded eucalyptus, curly willow, kangaroo paw, ranunculas, and garden spray roses were my favorite picks.
We learned to start with creating the lines of the arrangement--vertical, horizontal, or a little of both--and then add your anchor pieces, which were large gorgeous garden roses, in my case!

It was so inspiring to learn tips and tricks of the trade as well as gain insight into the beautiful floral work I have come to love and adore.
With the demonstration and question + answer session over, we jumped right in. Creating lines, snipping stems, carefully choosing the perfect color palate, and getting creative--it was a glorious morning!
What an amazing experience it was to meet and mingle with ladies from my very own community while learning from the best--I absolutely cannot wait to do it again!
See some of my snapshots from the Winston-Salem Flower School right here, including this gem!

Blog photography by Green Bee Floral Designs

xo,
R

Comments

Post a Comment