Honey butter is one of my favorite things to make--mostly because it's super easy, but it's also very tasty! With our new love for chicken and waffles, honey butter is the perfect topping to have on-hand. And after a fun night out at Dame's Chicken and Waffles in downtown Greensboro, we were spoiled by all of their delicious "shmears". I knew I had to step my at-home game up, and adding fresh citrus to the honey butter recipe was my first move.
- 2 sticks of room temperature salted sweet cream butter
- ¼ cup honey (we love Savannah Bee Orange Blossom Honey)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- With the butter at room temperature, add to it the honey, vanilla extract, and orange juice in a mixing bowl.
- Whip using an electric mixer until smooth, then add in the grated orange peel and whip again just until mixed.
- Serve at room temperature for best spreading!*
*Be sure to store in the refrigerator after use
I can't wait to try out new and different ingredients to sweeten up our spreads at home!