My Parent's 40th Anniversary

Several weeks back I posted a couple little glimpses into a special dinner I planned for my parent's 40th anniversary. Although this comes over a month later, I just wanted to share a few of the photos and celebrate again just how incredibly dear my parents are to me.

Forty years is certainly not easy, but what a wonderful testimony! I know, without a doubt, that my parent's marriage and strong faith were a direct blessing to me, my siblings, and everyone around them. They both are truly gifts from the Lord, and I am beyond thankful for them, their example of a God-honoring bond, and their unconditional love for each other and for me!

Besides getting to showcase my new everyday china, gold flatware, and new obsession for linen napkins, one of my favorite parts about prepping for the dinner was transitioning our bar cart into a coffee bar!
I chose a neutral centerpiece to bring out the bright white of the china and serving dishes. The fresh tulips from Trader Joe's were so gorgeous!
Extra dinner guests meant mismatched dining chairs, which I loved!
I had such a wonderful time spending the afternoon cooking with my Mr., and once my two nieces arrived, they helped to put the finish touches on the mini chicken pot pies.
While everything else on the menu was homemade, I did end up purchasing a red velvet cake with textured cream cheese icing--and it did not disappoint!

Menu
Homemade Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Buttery Green Beans Almondine
Fresh Garden Salad
Organic Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Fried Local Okra
[the pickled beets weren't originally on the menu, but my Mr. insisted, and they added some nice color to the table!]

XOXO,
R

Comments

Post a Comment