Style at Home Details

Decorating a space (any space--large or small!) can be a daunting, yet exciting, task for any of us. Trust me--I love style and decor (I have a Pinterest board to prove it), but find myself overwhelmed by the many details and ideas that come together to make a place your home.

The home decor projects can be especially fussy when you are trying to please not just yourself--but your significant other or roomie! Try and find a middle ground and be sure to compromise.

Here are some stylish decor details that are inspiring me lately:

Style at Home Details on Darling Cashmere
Shop items here (clockwise from top, left): 123456789

Mirror: I just recently purchased the Threshold Starburst Mirror from Target for my office, and it quickly became a favorite (my coworkers will agree). I sometimes find excuses to walk by my office doorway and peer in at its gorgeousness up on my wall. Mirrors instantly add depth and style along with the illusion of a larger space for those in cramped quarters.

Trinket Box: I love the Imperial Blue Box I spotted on Biscuit Home. What a gorgeous addition to any table (coffee, side, beside, entryway..I could go on!). It's an adorable catch-all that you don't have to tuck inside a drawer.

Vase: Anthropologie continues to impress--in your closet and also in your home. I wouldn't even need to put fresh flowers in this gorgeous Rose of Sharon Vase with the lush colors and delicate flower.

Coasters: These fun Gold Polka Dot Coasters are a quick way to add pretty (and useful!) objects to your side table and add pizzazz to a girls night or soiree!

Tray: Another catch-all that you may choose to leave empty with the intricate Tobacco Leaf design. Sport this tray on your coffee table filled with your favorite personal collection--matchboxes, gorgeous rocks and gems, or buttons.

Plush Pillow: I love the look of mismatched pillows in different shapes, sizes, patterns, and textures. This is one of my favorite pillows--it is so soft and adds just the right amount of luxurious vintage to your cozy nook.

Mercury Lamp: Not too long ago I had a major score at Marshalls and picked up a distressed mercury glass lamp similar to the one pictured above. The neutrality of the mercury glass allows you to change up the look of any room without having to switch out your lamps every time. Add a bright shade in a pattern or solid to bring the room together.

Candle: A room is hardly complete without a gorgeous candle. Anthropologie is my go-to for gorgeous candles that smell heavenly. Capri Blue in Volcano is one of my absolute favorites! If the jar isn't see-through, I hang on to the lovely container even after the candle has had its last burn.

Art: With Etsy and a vast array of online printables there are numerous options for framed art. The Inslee print "Girlfriends" above is a special one to me--I gave my best girlfriend this print on her birthday as it is an almost perfect depiction of us. If you like the look of vintage and eclectic, check out your local Goodwill and Salvation Army for some cool, detailed frames. Don't be discouraged if the frame is chipped or not in the color you were looking for--that's where spray paint and your trusty DIY skills come in!

What are the home decor details that are inspiring you?

XOXO,
R

Comments