Craft and Wine Night

This past weekend my girlfriends and I got together for an incredibly fun night of wine, crafts, dancing, more wine, and a surprise engagement party for yours truly!

Most of the girls did some sort of decor project using empty wine bottles, which is always fun, but I had my eye on this DIY post on one of my favorite blogs, The Painted Arrow, from a while back and couldn't wait to try it out myself.

Items used:
-Fine Point Metallic Sharpies (came in a pack with gold, silver, and bronze, but I didn't use bronze this time)
-Fine Point Black Sharpie
-Porcelain latte bowls from Anthropologie (purchase here!)

After I created my designs they were put in the oven at 350°F for 25 minutes to "cure" the porcelain.

Here are some snapshots of my progress from start to finish..



Wine: where it all began..


One of the more simple DIY projects I have done and it was a complete success!


Even though the little "v" marks I made are not uniform in size,
I think it looks pretty cool!


I have a mild obsession with gold, so this is my favorite of the two!


Here are the finished bowls
It was late at night so this isn't the best lighting, but they are super cute--
even the Mr. agrees!


PS Today is a very special day..it is my best friend Paige Donham's birthday!
I am a very lucky gal to have Paige as one of my absolute closest friends. We work in offices right beside each other, so it is such a blessing to come to work each day and be greeted by such a warm and friendly face. I am thankful for her beyond words!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Comments

  1. I’ve always known that great nights usually begin with a glass of wine. Then followed by a lot more to make it amazing! :)

    The bowls look great! I really like the gold-dotted one, it has that bubbly appeal to it, like it’s coming from the base of the bowl.

    Corey Glenn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment